Share  |  Email  |  Print
Power of Attorney and Public Guardianship - North West

A Power of Attorney is a legal document naming a specific person to act on your behalf (sometimes called a substitute decision maker) in case you become incapable of making your own decisions. There are three kinds of Power of Attorney: personal care (health care and housing); continuing property (financial affairs); non-continuing property (short-term management of financial affairs).

Public Guardianship programs are operated by the province which is responsible for investigating the need to appoint a guardian for people who are mentally incapable. The government may serve as a guardian in cases where no one else is available or willing.

Enter postal code or city:
These services serve all or part of North West
Ontario. Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee - Thunder Bay Office   Thunder Bay

These services are located outside of North West, but provide service to North West.
Consent and Capacity Board   Toronto
Ontario. Ministry of the Attorney General - Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee (The)   Toronto